- 5 large crabs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onion
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green chilli
- 6-8 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- Wash the crabs.
- In a large skillet, pour water and let it boil when the water is boiling add the crabs and steam for about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the water and use a seafood hammer and crack open the crabs and remove the crabmeat from the shells and the legs.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and lightly saute the garlic in it. Then add onions and saute till it is translucent. Add crab meat , salt, pepper, green chilli and oregano.
- Clean the crab shells. Add the sauteed crabmeat. Lightly glazed the crab shells with beaten egg. Then coat then lightly with bread crumbs and top with grated cheese.
- Place a flat pan on the stove and then place crabs. Let the hard side cook first and then flip the shells. Let the open side cook for about 5-10 minutes and the stuffed crab is ready.