Dry Prawn Stir Fry with Brinjals & Potatoes
- 50 gms. Dry Prawns/Shrimp (snip off the heads & tails)
- 250 gms. Brinjals (trim off the tops & sliced)
- 3 med. Potatoes (peeled, cubed & soaked in water)
- 2 med. Onions (peeled & chopped)
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric pwd.
- ½ tsp. Red Chilli pwd. or to taste
- 1 tsbsp. Coriander pwd.
- 1 tsp. fresh Ginger-Garlic paste
- ¼ tsp. roasted Cumin pwd.
- ¼ tsp. Garam Masala pwd.
- 1 tsp. fresh Tamarind paste/ Vinegar or to taste
- 6 tbsps. Vegetable Oil
- A pinch – Sugar or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing
Lightly wash the prawns and set aside.
In a sufficiently large kadhai/wok, heat oil until hot.
First lightly fry the brinjals and then the potatoes. Cook until tender but firm. Set aside.
Then fry the washed dry prawns until lightly crisp drain and set aside.
Sauté the onions until lightly brown.
Add turmeric powder and then ginger garlic paste.
Sauté on low heat until rawness disappears.
Add all the spice powders, sugar and stir for a few seconds.
Add the fried dry prawns and vegetables and toss to coat with the masala.
Add tamarind paste or vinegar if using.
Stir fry on medium high flame.
Adjust salt to taste.
Add water if necessary and depending on the consistency you desire.
Cook for a few more minutes.
Serve hot garnished with freshly chopped coriander.
Enjoy with your favorite Indian bread or serve as a side dish.