Butter Garlic Prawns
- 16 Prawns/Shrimps (shelled, deveined, washed & retain tails)
- 8 cloves fresh Garlic (peeled, bruised & finely minced)
- 1 tbsp. Butter (I used Amul Butter)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- A sprinkling of Black or White Pepper
- Mixed Italian Herbs or as per choice (use fresh or dried as desired)
- A few Red Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Quarters of fresh Lime
- Fresh Thyme – a few leaves
In a mixing bowl, combine prawns, half of the garlic, a sprinkling of pepper, a dash of olive oil and a little salt. Mix well and marinate for about 20 mins.
Add butter and olive oil to a moderately hot frying pan (preferably non-stick). Let the butter melt.
Add the reserved minced garlic & sauté lightly on low heat for about a minute until lightly brown.
Add the marinated prawns and sauté on medium high heat till they turn pink and cooked on both sides until just tender. Do not overcook the prawns or they will turn tough.
Sprinkle the herbs and chilli flakes (if using). Toss gently. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot garnished with thyme and quarters of fresh lime.