Dal in goan style (Goan Dal)
Toor dal: ½ cup
Green Chilles: 2
Drumsticks: 2 (cut into small pieces)
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tbspn
salt to taste
Grated coconut: ½ (medium sized)
Goan red chillies: 5
Bedgi chilles: 2
Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Cook the toor dal along with green chillies, tomato and 1 cup of water.
- Cook the drumsticks separately till done.
- Grind all the ingredients under masala paste to a fine paste with little water.
- Heat the oil and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add the ground masala. Stir-fry for 2 mins and then add cooked toor dal.
- Add the cooked drumsticks.
- Add required water to make dal of desired consistency. (Neither too thick nor too thin).
- Cook on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and Serve hot with the rice.