Khatkhatem (Mixed Vegetable Gravy)
Raw banana pieces: 1 cup (cubed)
Pumpkin pieces: 1 cup (cubed)
Drumsticks pieces: 1 cup (cubed)
Radish pieces: 1 cup (cubed)
Green peas: ½ cup
Toor dal: 1/4th cup
Grated coconut: 1 ½ cup
Red chillies: 3
Turmeric: ½ tspn
Tamarind pulp: 1tbspn
Salt to taste
- Cut all the vegetables into cubes except drumsticks and radish. Cut the drumsticks and radish lengthwise. Grind the coconut, red chillies, turmeric and tamarind to fine paste with little water.
- Wet the teflams and pound a bit.
- Cook the toor dal in 3 cups of water.
- Then add the drumsticks and radish pieces and cook for 10 mins
- Then add the pumpkin, raw banana, green peas and again cook for 10 mins.
- Then add ground coconut paste, teflams , salt, 1 cup of water and cook for 5 mins
- Serve with chapatti, puri, bread or rice