Hog plums Gravy (Ambade Karam)
Hog plums: 7-8
Grated coconut: 1 ½ cup
Red chilies: 3
Jaggery: 1 cup
Green chillies: 2
Mustard seeds: 1 tspn
Hing: ¼ tspn
Oil: 3 tbspn
salt to taste
- wash and peel the hog plums, apply salt and keep aside.
- Heat the ½ tbspn oil in a pan and roast lightly the coconut, peppercorns and red chillies .
- Add turmeric and grind the mixture coarsely with little water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, green chillies and hing.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add the hog plums and jaggery and stir fry for 2-3 mins.
- Then add the ground coconut mixture with ¼ cup water.
- Stir and cook on low flame till done (gravy should be totally dry)
- Serve hot with chapatti or roti or as a side dish with the rice.