Rajgira (Tamdi Bhaji)
- 1 bunch fresh Rajgira/Amaranth Leaves/Tamdi or Lal Bhaji
- 1 large Onion (peeled & finely chopped)
- 2 fresh Green Chillies (finely sliced)
- 3 flakes fresh Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup fresh Coconut (scraped) or to taste
- 2 tbsps. Coconut Oil or Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
Pick healthy fresh leaves and tender stems of Rajgira/Amaranth.
Wash with enough water a couple of times or until clean and drain thoroughly.
Chop the vegetable finely or roughly (the way you like it).
Heat a clay pot/kadhai/wok/non-stick pan with oil.
Add minced garlic, sliced green chillies, chopped onions and sauté until onions are soft and translucent.
Add the chopped Rajgira and stir fry until the leaves have wilted.
Add salt to taste, give it a good stir and cook covered on low heat for about 5 minutes. Do not add water. It will cook in its own steam.
Then add in the freshly scraped coconut and once again give it a good stir.
Switch off the flame and let it sit for a few seconds for the flavors to meld.
Serve with whole wheat chapattis, rice/jowar/bajra bhakri or/and as a side dish.