Essential Zen Habits of 2012
This has been a happy year for both me, and Zen Habits.
Zen Habits just celebrated its 6th year of being alive, and this year has been the best yet.
Zen Habits grew from 230,000 to 260,000 readers, and more than a million visitors a month. More importantly, I’ve loved every minute of writing the blog and talking to all of you.
It’s been a great year for me, personally and professionally:
- I created the Sea Change membership program (Version 2 will be announced soon!), helping thousands of people change their lives one step at a time.
- In the Sea Change program, I created a number of courses: the Habit of Meditation, the Mindful Diet, Unprocrastination, and Uncover Your Awesomeness.
- I teamed up with San Francisco Zen Center to create the Zen of Work course.
- I teamed up with a panel of fitness experts to create the Simple Fitness Habit self-study course.
- I wrote an ebook called 52 Changes (coming in a few days!).
- My other blog, mnmlist, grew to 18,000 subscribers.
- Eva & I took our kids through a 3-week adventure across southern Europe.
- Eva & I also took a romantic trip and vegan tour of NYC.
- We also took the kids to sunny San Diego.
- We continued to live a simple, car-free life and explore San Francisco by foot.
- I went completely vegan after being nearly vegan for a couple years.
I would like to thank you, my dear readers, for your support, encouragement and attention. I am blessed to have all of you in my life.
The Best Zen Habits Posts of 2012
With the bragging done with, here are the best posts from 2012, as judged by me:
- Shaken by Life’s Beauty, Shaken
- The 39th Lesson
- A Guide to Eating a Plant-Based Diet
- A Primer on Full-Screen Living
- How to Live Well
- The Habit of Starting
- Crazy Talk: The Do-What-You-Love Guide
- Creating Silence from Chaos
- Be Inspired
- The Tiny Guide to Being a Great Dad
- Empty-Handed, Full-Hearted
- The Pause Upon Which All Else Relies
- The Beginner’s Guide to Unschooling
- The Way of the Peaceful Parent
For more best of Zen Habits: